Kik is one of the most popular instant messengers around. Many people want to use it on their PC. But, there is no official way to do it. So, let’s take a look at how you can download Kik on your PC.
Downloading Kik on PC (Windows 10/8/7) using Emulator
Downloading Kik on your Windows PC is easy. However, it is not exactly straightforward. As already mentioned, the desktop version of Kik messenger is not available for the Windows PC or Laptop. Unfortunately, like WhatsApp, there is no web based version as well. Therefore, there is no direct method for you to use Kik on your PC. But, don’t get disappointed. There is a workaround to download Kik on your computer and we will show you how.
Any Android application which cannot be downloaded on the PC directly can be downloaded using an Android emulator. As the name suggests, Android emulator is something that creates an emulation of Android on your PC. This means that it is the application, which sets up Android environment right on your computer and thus allows you to have access to any Android app you want, including Kik.
There are a few emulators available out there. All of them are free to download. However, it is best to go for the one which has been tried and tested over the years. After all, who would want to risk their computers of virus infestation? So, let’s take the guesswork out of here. We will recommend BlueStacks to you. It is, by far, the best Android emulator there is. It is easy to install and use. There is another one called Andyroid, which is also good. But, performance wise Blue Stacks is better.
So, first of all, you will need to download and install BlueStacks on your computer. You can search Google and download the emulator from the official website. Once it is installed, here are the steps you can follow:
Step By Step Guide to Download and Install Kik on Windows PC
- Launch the Blue Stacks application on your computer. You will see a screen which will look like the screen of any Android tablet.
- Like any other Android device, you will first need to sign in with your Google ID. There is no need to create a new Google ID. You are using a legitimate program and you can use your existing ID. Also, Google allows you to use the same id on multiple devices. After all, emulator acts as another Android device.
- Once you are singed in, you can do everything you do with your Android device. The difference here is that you will be using mouse and keyboard instead of touchscreen navigation and keypad.
- Look for the search button and search for ‘Kik Messenger’ ; alternatively you can go to Google Playstore and look for the app.
- You will see the app listed. Now download and install it exactly the same way you would do it on any Android device.
- Wait for the installation to complete
Once the app has been installed, you will need to login with your Kik username and password. That is all you need to do. Enjoy Kik on your PC or Laptop now.