Cell phone users’ numbers are growing day by day. Cell phones have become a main form of communication, be it through a phone conversation or a text message. Cell phones are slowly replacing landline telephones. These small communication devices can cost you a lot of money, depending on the model and type of plan. Some phones, come with a contract when you buy them and others are prepaid mobile phones or pay as you go cell phone. They are customizable to your needs. There are pro’s and con’s of these devices. Take a look.
- A lot of money is saved from contract fee and purchased minutes with Pay as you go cell phone
- You have the freedom to buy the number of minutes you desire
- You do not have to buy a set number of minutes that are included in a contract; you can buy according to your need.
- You can budget your phone usage with pay as you go mobile phone. Thus, you can save a lot of money.
- There are no monthly bills, contracts, termination fee etc.
- There is no age limit, so they are ideal for children and teenagers.
- A set number of minutes place a limit on how much your children can use their phones. So, parents can check over their kids.
- Only limited model of handsets are available for prepaid mobile phones.
- These cell phones are simple without much features like Smartphones or Multimedia phones.
- If you have a liking, for fancy camera, music player, web browsing and a wide variety of apps, a prepaid cell phone does not fulfill all your needs.
- One major disadvantage with this phone is it is difficult to monitor how many minutes you have used. It is easy to get carried away with your minutes and run out of them in most desperate times of need.