It is commonly believed that online games offer the most thrilling gameplay out there, and for a reason. With massive populations of players all over the world and challenging day-to-day tasks that keep you hooked, online games have become the most popular niche in the world of video games. Don’t forget the possibility to challenge your friends in one of your favorite games!
There are, however, legendary online games that have been a huge success since the first day they were created. For the greatest first-class online games, check out the list below.
5 Best Online Games of All Times
- Dota 2. Dota 2 is one of the most popular games to date in the genre of massive online battle arena. It is known to host one of the largest player populations, with the record of more than 1,200,000 players playing it simultaneously. Since it appeared following the original DotA extension to Warcraft in 2013, it offers an exciting gameplay and customization, allowing for a huge degree of creativity and player involvement. Dota is also the most widely played esports game out there, together with League of Legends.
- League of Legends. As far as popularity is concerned, League of Legends matches Dota 2 in every possible way. The MOBA genre games like League of Legends are not so easy to enter, as they require a high level of initial skills and the knowledge of MOBA strategies. Also, being an esports hit, LoL is free to play, which makes it hugely popular. LoL is the most profitable computer game, with its fandom amounting to more than 15 million players worldwide.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Hearthstone is a widespread online card game which is both fun and addictive. Blizzard’s addition to the classic Warcraft gameplay, it features the Warcraft Universe. Also free to play and available on mobile devices, this game is still as much adored as it was back in 2014 after its launch.
- World of Tanks. WoT is an arcade tank simulator, developed by a company from Belarus. This massively popular online multiplayer strategy is still growing, despite all the skepticism it faced at the beginning. It is a niche game which has grown to have absurdly big player banks. For those boys and girls who enjoy shooters and tactics, it is a must-play right after you click this. And, of course, it is absolutely for free.
- World of Warcraft. WoW is the most famous and successful Blizzard MMORPG of all time. Although it was issued a relatively long time ago, it was a Guinness record holder for the most active users (10 million in 2008). As a role-playing game, it is now giving up its positions to more accessible MOBA games. However, this legendary franchise was and still is the most exciting online game.
With the esports industry largely on the rise, we are sure to see more of legendary online games appear in the nearest future, hopefully with full on VR integration that we are all so much waiting for.