Physics is the most intriguing subject of all time. It has always given us many mind-boggling inventions. There are many discoveries made by Physicists over the years which have helped us greatly in understanding both macro and micro cosmos. There are many mysteries of physics that are not yet solved. Hence, we can expect many more amazing inventions in the coming future.
Here are some Unsolved mysteries of physics that will make you amazed:
- Is parallel universe real?: We generally believe that the spacetime is curved but according to the data of astrophysics, the spacetime is flat and this is one of the reasons it is never-ending. If this information is somehow true then the region what we see and think of the universe is just one patch in an infinitely large multiverse. So, multiverse is generally a cosmos that consists of multiple universes. One of the most popular alternate universe theories out there is String Theory. In this theory, we live in a nine-dimensional multiverse — with only three dimensions of those being visible to us.
- The Dead Sea: One of the most interesting and amazing facts about Physics on earth is “The Dead Sea”, which is known for its density due to the presence of salt, as a result of which you can easily float on it without drowning, so one can always claim to be a swimmer there!
- Dark Energy: It is something we can neither see nor feel, but we can test for it. Nobody has proved yet, what it is. However, scientists consider that the dark energy makes up around 70% of the universe. It was used to explain why galaxies don’t just drift apart but instead accelerate away from each other. You can think of it as a repulsive gravity that pushes matter apart. How it works, however, is still a mystery.
Here are some fun facts about physics:
- All the matters that make up the human race can fit in one sugar cube.
- Atoms have 99.9999999999999% empty space.
- Water can boil and freeze at the same time.
- The mass of the entire atmosphere is estimated to be some 5.5 quadrillion tons i.e. 55 followed by 14 zeros.
- All objects fall at the same speed.
- An egg looks like a jellyfish underwater.
- There is enough DNA in an average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back — 17 times.
- 275 million new stars are born every day according to estimates of astronomers.
These were some fun factions mentioned. Students can subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube video channel to learn complex topics like gravitation, Ohms law and much more with engaging
video lectures –